Hi Everyone, Happy New Year!
I figured if I wrote everything down I might stick to my goals better? So here we go it's worth a shot!
- Work more on backgrounds, I rarely draw them and they definitely make art look more finished so I'd like to get better and more used to making my own backgrounds for my art.
- Start writing. I no longer have classes that require writing, and when I do it's for very few assignments. I want to write more so that my characters are more organized and developed, and so that I can actually create the story I want with them.
- Post more! I plan on posting at least one piece a week, but hopefully I'll be able to do more than that. I want to try working with a sort of schedule for my art? For example, on Fridays I'm going to refer to it as "Fanart Friday," so I will draw fanart instead of my ocs. Make sense? Yeah I dunno either it's still a work in progress.
- Finish at least one piece of art a day. I actually did really good with one of my resolutions last year, which was to draw every day! This goal I feel might not be one I stick with but I'd really like to have more done drawings every day, so by the end of the year I can really so how much progress I made.
- Expressions! I think my expressions on characters are pretty basic so I'd like to exaggerate them more and make them more defined and interesting.
- Anatomy. This was another resolution I had last year and I definitely think I have improved and my people actually look like people now, but I feel like anatomy is something you always sort of have to work on with art? Hopefully, I'll be able to get even better!
- Practice making comics. The main goal I have for my ocs is that I'll be able to actually do something with them you know? When I make comics, it's an awkward setup that is likely hard for everyone but me to follow. Since I want people to enjoy my characters as much as I do I want to be able to make good comics that are understandable to the reader and flow in a good way.
That might be it for now! If I remember anything else, I will edit this journal so everything is conveniently in one place and easy for me to find later.
On another note, even though I want to post more on here I never really use this site. If I don't end up posting a lot here, my art will most likely all be on my art tumblr.
It's still a work in progress so there isn't much there, and I'm not too happy with the setup of it yet. Hopefully I'll have that fixed for the new year as well!
Hope everyone had a good 2015!